- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- Two additional millimeters of soft and bouncy FLYTEFOAM midsole material is added under the foot for improved cushioning.
- A new monofilament mesh upper material that's softer and more breathable.
- Improved the shape of the forefoot GEL cushioning and added lower-density GEL cushioning in the heel for a softer foot strike and transition.
- Designed with high mileage runners in mind, the GEL-NIMBUS 22 features higher stack heights for increased protection and a lightweight AHAR outsole, which helps to reduce damage caused by excessive wear.
- Additional and deeper outsole flex grooves for a smoother ride.
- Special colorway celebrating the Tokyo games
- Weight: 10.9 oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10 mm
- Style: 1011A780-100
Men's Asics GEL-Nimbus 22 Retro Tokyo Running Shoe
Experience the best all-round comfort on the market with the new GEL-Nimbus 22. Packed with technologies to improve the performance of neutral runners, the new release of this iconic model features wrap-around GEL technology to cushion your entire foot and absorb shock. We've improved the shape of the forefoot GEL cushioning in this latest version, to further reduce stress on the feet, and we've added lower-density GEL cushioning in the heel for a softer foot strike and transition. Now in this special colorway celebrating the Tokyo games!