- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category:Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING: Softer material found under the heel reduces shock when the foot contacts the ground.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Lighter and more durable than traditional midsole material. This is our lightest midsole compound.
- SEAMLESS UPPER: A seamless one-piece mesh upper that's combined with a frictionless 3D print construction to help create an excellent fit.
- Weight: 10.1oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10mm
- Style: 1011A862-020
Men's Asics GEL-Cumulus 22 Running Shoe
The GEL-CUMULUS 22 running shoe is a recommended choice for neutral runners who want a soft, flexible everyday trainer with a great fit. This update features a one-piece upper mesh that's combined with a seamless 3D print construction, which balances support and comfort around the foot - giving you an excellent fit right out of the box.
The FLYTEFOAM technology midsole is softer than the previous version to promote a pillowy ride. Under heel where the foot first hits the ground has been redesigned to better isolate impact. This new heel design has deeper forefoot flex grooves and a softer midsole foam to give you a soft ride.
A hard-wearing AHAR rubber outsole compound has been placed in key contact areas to help the GEL-CUMULUS 22 shoe stand up to a ton of miles.
WHO'S IT FOR
The GEL-CUMULUS 22 running shoe is for neutral runners looking for excellent, lightweight comfort. These customers want a simple, smooth ride with an almost silky underfoot experience as the foot moves through the gait cycle. This is a neutral runner who competes in different types of races and likes to join friends for group runs and track workouts. For this customer, running is not just exercise, it’s a lifestyle.
- A segmented heel design better insulates impact, which forces a softer and smoother footstrike.
- Softer (lower durometer) FLYTEFOAMTM midsole foam creates a pillowy underfoot feel.
- A soft upper mesh wraps the foot like a second skin.
- A plush sockliner improves step-in feel.
- At just 10.1 ounces/285 grams for a U.S. men’s size 9 (women’s version is 6.9 ounces/195 grams), this is the lightest version of the GEL-CUMULUSTM running shoe yet.
- Deeper forefoot flex grooves work with a softer foam to give the GEL-CUMULUSTM 22 model an excellent transition from midstance to toe-off.